The Forgotten Ones

The home of the long awaited horror mod, The Forgotten Ones

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Walktrought possible ?

DevianBCPT

Hello, my post can contain SPOILS ! (So don't look if you don't want to spoils the game :)

I'm stuck for the room with the 3 valve (one of them don't move despite the add of a pipe), i have "normaly" activated the generator rooms (Toc toc + Door explosion + Zombie). I've cut down the grid in the middle of the room. (But it's so dark to continues...).

PS : I've killed two zombies outside the valve rooms...

Other question : I have explored and discover a lot of area of the mansion but... the room with the knight and the piano... what can i do here ? (I've picked up the Darkness book).

I have read this in the log for the 2.3 :

- You can now open the piano puzzle chest with the sledgehammer as well...

I've tried to hit th chest with my hammer (weapons) => useless (or not ? O_O)

And the message : "Only the sound of truth ca..." What can i do ? (I've search among the mansion some disk or partition... useless for now)

So... i need some help. This mode have potential but, we are so disappointed without tips. Thanks for reading :)

January 11, 2014 at 8:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DevianBCPT

New info : I find a lever and a disk. But for the pianon room... despite the gramo'song, i'm still lost.

January 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DevianBCPT

I have new information : I find the wrench in the bathroom near the gallery and i succeed for the puzzle of the Piano Room. Defated the Knight (Health bar more or less strange...). Find a key in the chest (Probably for the bunker door down the valve's room.)

So i follow my way :) but some help will be ever good to take.

January 12, 2014 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DevianBCPT

So i did it... i find the Achievment "Justin" but not the Slender. And it seems to me that missing a tool like an Hammer or a heavy tool, isn't it ?

Utility of the Darkness Book ? I find the secret room with the lever.

So, if somebody can told me where i can find Slendy ? XD.

January 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pretador
Site Owner

Glad to see you figured it out eventually!
You can find Slendy achievement in the very first forest map with the volga vehicle which you can drive too. In the first save point in the HUD look in one of the windows and you will see him ;o

Have fun!
As for darkness book this one is in the library.
And the  hammer is a sledgehammer, you can find it in the tunnels - chapter 1...

--

Best Regards, Bernt @ Fun-Piranesi Dev

January 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DevianBCPT

Thanks for the answers :) i will go check for Slendy.

However i've already find the Darkness book, but it's an emblem. So i'm pretty sure that we can use it for something, isn't it ?

And the Sledgehammer, can be just use on the piano chest or cells in the bunker ?

January 13, 2014 at 3:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pretador
Site Owner

Sledgehammer can be used on piano chest and cell doors in the bunker yeah. the book of darkness can be used on schielzen's cauldron.

--

January 13, 2014 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DevianBCPT

Also, i will post a feedback in few days with my feelings of the mod.

Like some people, i've known the first version with the fisherman :p. I prefer the new version of course.

Did i miss anything in the mod ? Emblems, Weapons, Secret ?

There is an hatchet if i'm remind... and an achievement "unrest".

Sorry for all of this question but i want to see the mod in his integrality. :)

January 14, 2014 at 3:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pretador
Site Owner

I'd recommend you to watch on youtube if you want to find hints. However it is more interesting to find all the clues yourself instead of me spoiling everything... :/

--

January 15, 2014 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lazulus

hi man,

i played some half life mods about two years ago

my favorite being estranged (alpha, gonna check soon if the full version is on mod db)

but now on topic; i'm stuck in the beginning of this _what seems to be a great mod..

(i absolutely adore horror-movies and -games)_

i found a key in the first house (not the toilets), but i don't have clue where to use it..

could someone please help me?

i'm desperate about continuing!!

greetings from la belgique..

--

life is divine chaos

February 15, 2014 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pretador
Site Owner

Hey mate, the key you found shall be used in the hotel, you probably went to the house/hut located to the right while there was another big mansion/house right forward? Go to that big house and open the inventory, click on the key then click on "USE" while you stand close to the door. Hope this helps :)

--

February 16, 2014 at 10:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lazulus

Pretador at February 16, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Hey mate, the key you found shall be used in the hotel, you probably went to the house/hut located to the right while there was another big mansion/house right forward? Go to that big house and open the inventory, click on the key then click on "USE" while you stand close to the door. Hope this helps :)

hi man,

it was just a matter of not checking the controls and not knowing that there is an inventory

so.. i used the key on the door, but now a new problem arises; when i walk up to the man

who greets me, an empty dialogue box appears and i can do nothing except

alt-ctrl-del to kill the proces..

here's hoping you can help me?

--

life is divine chaos

February 18, 2014 at 11:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pretador
Site Owner

You should make sure you have the version v2.3.1 then if the issue persists you should just re enter/ load and when you enter that map again make sure you move before the box appears..

--

February 18, 2014 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lazulus

i've downloaded the patch and extracted it into my tfo folder using 7zip, still it says on the menu screen v2.3. the issue persists, i'll try a complete re-install of the mod.. hope that will solve the problem!

--

life is divine chaos

February 19, 2014 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pretador
Site Owner

Don't worry, if it says v2.3 it's ok. I didn't add the v2.3.1 in the menu screen area it still say v2.3 cause it's a minor update.

--

February 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lazulus

hi again. after re-install, when i want to start the mod, i get an steam-error message that i have a .ddl missing. i kind of know that that is a big issue. any suggestions?

also when i want to try another mod (just downloaded underhell) using desura, i get a windows error thingy : "engine error: could not load library client"

i'd much appreciate your support

salutations from belgium

--

life is divine chaos

April 9, 2014 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pretador
Site Owner

Hmm, well if you get the latest sdk 2013 update on moddb (v2.4.0) + make sure you have the v2.3.0 sdk full before downloading the update. Then all should work.

Also check that Source SDK 2013 Singleplayer is installed, it is located in Steam Library in the Tools section. :)

As for Underhell make sure you have SDK Base 2007 installed, also make sure it is on the steam pipe system, by right clicking the "tool" you can click on properties and click then on the Beta tab and see if there is any beta updates. Also on the update tab change the first drop down box to high priority.

If this doesn't help then I don't know entirely what could be wrong.

If above options don't work then make a .bat file in notepad: ( SAVE IT AS file.bat , then click it/open it )
change MYPATH to your steam location, for example c:\program files\steam...
"MYPATH\Steam.exe" -applaunch 218 -game "MYPATH\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\underhell" -console

--

April 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lazulus

hi man,

been a while

i took up your mod again but now i'm stuck about using the inventory, i can't use the key to get in the hotel.. which keyboard-key should i use after selecting the key?

--

life is divine chaos

August 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pretador
Site Owner

Click the USE button in the inventory interface.

--

August 15, 2014 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.